When my mom and I went to CA we hit up one of my favorite teacher/learning resource stores Lakeshore. I LOVE Lakeshore. Most of my classroom resources also came from Lakeshore and I cannot wait for about another year to bust out more games for Harrison to play with.
I am truly a Lakeshore snob, most of the kids toys come from there. I just love the quality of their toys/games. I picked up a few new games for Harrison that I thought would be fun to reinforce some of the skills we have then working on. I use AJ's first nap to work on math, literacy, fine motor and/or writing skills with Harrison.
This is Harrison's new sorting game. So far H has sorted by shape and color.

Here is his new fishing Game. H is practicing fishing for numbers. On this day he would fish for numbers 1-20, then bring them to me, and tell me what the number was. Then we would put the numbers in order.
H can identify numbers 1-10 with no problem, but when you get to the teens that is another story. :)
He was finally getting the hang of the teens. However, instead of saying "one six" for 16 he would say "teen -six"
H loves the Alphabet Mystery Box game. He pulls an object out of the box and has to figure out its beginning sound.
I really thought that it would be to hard for him and that he would lose interest but he sticks with it until he has finished. I have him sound out (huh...huh...hose) the beginning sound (h's speech is definitely like a 2 year old's) but he identifies the letter and matches the object own his own. 
He is one smart cookie!
Saturday, August 21, 2010
One Smart Cookie!
Posted by Jeff, Sarah, Harrison, Avery and Elliott at 3:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment