Well here we go, this is when it starts getting exciting. Jeff and I had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday!
A little history, Jeff and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary this summer and we have been working on our family for the last 5 years. At first we had a hard time getting pregnant and after a year of trying and finally succeeding we lost our first baby when we were 13 weeks pregnant. However, after that devastating loss we have had 3 glorious praises, Harrison, Avery, and Baby T #3!
Well Baby T#3 has tried to keep things exciting. After trying for one month we were pregnant (that has never happened before). At about 6 weeks, I had around the clock morning sickness and extreme fatigue, which has gotten about 90% better and was worth every second! With Baby T#3 I was able to fell movement early on around 14 weeks and Jeff got to feel our little soccer star kick for the first time around 18 weeks.
Yesterday at our ultrasound everything looked good. The baby’s heart beat was around 150-145 bpm and was measuring just a few days small 19 weeks 4 days and was around 12 oz. The baby had good movement, was opening and closing his/her mouth, and kept holding up just one finger. As long as we do not get a call after the radiologist looks at the ultrasound it will appear as though we are having a typical pregnancy (that would be exciting).
Jeff and I do not know the sex of the baby yet. We are having a gender party this Sunday. During parts of the ultrasound Jeff left the room and I turned my head. We had our ultrasound technician put the DVD and some of the pictures of the baby in a sealed envelope and we will reveal the gender to everyone at the party.
We are truly excited to have a healthy baby no matter what the baby’s gender is. I am rooting for a boy and Jeff thinks we are having a girl. We have not told Harrison that we are pregnant yet (I think we will tell him in the next couple of days). But I have asked him “do you want to have another baby?” he always says “yes” and then I ask him “do you want a baby brother or a baby sister?” He always responds “a baby sister, like Avery James” I think both of the kids will be excited about having this baby. H and AJ have been obsessed with babies lately and I think Harrison will understand the process this time around!
So check back in Sunday night for our big announcement!




2 comments:
OH..I can't wait to hear the sex! You look AMAZING Sarah!!
Sarah, you are just the cutest pregnant Momma ever! Can't wait until Sunday!! :)
Post a Comment