Friday, December 10, 2010

He finally did it!!!!!!

This maybe to much info so if you do not like poop poop and pee pee talk DO NOT READ THIS POST!

Well it finally happened, Harrison pooped in the potty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last January/February we started potty training Harrison. Our 3 day potty training had turned into 9 months of potty training! We had the pee thing down. He pees standing up and pees sitting down. But he had a FEAR of pooping on the potty. It terrified him.

About 3 weeks ago, I knew he had to go. I made him sit down and he could not do it. He was crying and shaking in fear! Poor kid! (typically when this happened I would change him into a pull-up and would just let him go in it) So we played for a while and then I made him try again. I grabbed his Lighting McQueen blanket and told him he could hide under it. Seriously, 9 months trying to get him to poop in the potty, I was getting desperate! He asked me to leave the bathroom. After some grunting, He screamed "I DID IT!"

He finally got the toy car that has been sitting on the counter for the last 9 Months!
And in the last 3 weeks, he has only had 2 accidents!!! (He does not have to hide under the blanket anymore but he does make me leave the room.) So we are officially potty trained!!!! We are very proud of you Harrison and we will use this post/picture for future blackmail!!! And lets pray that Avery and Baby #3 are easier to potty train!

1 comments:

Amy and Jerry said...

Way to go Harrison! And yay for no more diapers!! Can you imagine 3 in diapers/pullups? haha