Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Break

Harrison started off his spring break celebrating his Great Grandma's Birthday. We went to church and had a yummy lunch. Great Grandma Tucker we hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Here is Harrison with his Grandpa.

Harrison getting loved on by Grandpa and Grandma Tucker.

We also decide to take away Harrison pacifier. I know some of you are thinking "he still had a pacifier" or "he is still a baby, don't take it away." H's pacifier is his most favorite thing in the world. We only let him have it if he was in his crib but he was very attached to it. So Sunday night we put him to bed with out it. He cried for about 10 minutes and then went right to sleep. He has not asked for it or cried about it since! Are you kidding me?? It was that easy! We had been dreading this for months.

On Monday, Harrison woke up very congested. So we canceled mommy and me and Harrison went to hang out at Mimi's house while I went to the doctor. Everything was great. I will be going every 2 weeks for the next month and as of right now it looks as though the baby's birthday will be May 29th.

Harrison seemed to be getting worse so on Wednesday I took him to the doctor. Well, we found out the Harrison is cutting 4 molars, had a virus that caused sores on the back of his mouth and throat, and had an ear infection. Poor Kid! It is getting a little ridiculous though, every time I have time off of work he gets sick. (Thanksgiving break = a cold, Christmas break= double ear infection, a week off because of an ice storm= stomach flu, now spring break!)

Here is Harrison and I cuddling (yes, he still is wearing his Christmas pajamas)
H patting his sister

On Friday, we did rain art. First he used washable markers on card stock.

It was warm and sprinkling so we took his picture outside (excuse our weeds).
We laid it on the ground and came back 10 minutes later to check on it.
All of the colors had blended together. H's favorite part was getting to splash in the puddles without his shoes on.

I have been playing classical music to the baby. Harrison took my ipod so that he could get in on the action.
Harrison has started saying 2 phrases. The first one is "where'd it go" and he typically follows it with "there it is". In the video below he is talking to the dogs through the dog door. If you listen carefully you can here him talking to Lexie and saying "where'd she go". There is one problem...Lexie is next to him and Cooper is the one outside.
His second phrase started last week. I was in our office and he was chasing the dogs around the house. H stopped dead in his tracks and walked into the office. He said "momma...wha you doin?" I could not believe it. I told him that I was on the computer. He look at me and gibber jabbered for about 30 seconds, then he smiled and started chasing the dogs again. He is getting so big.

Harrison loves to sit on things. His new favorite place to sit is inside the refrigerator.



Here is a picture from tonight during story time. We did make a trade for the pacifier, he now is attached to his lovies!
-s

1 comments:

Patrick, Amy, Deacon and Reed said...

Deacon LOVES this video of Harrison. We have to watch it over and over. Its so funny - he just talks to him the whole time!