Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Baby Update!

Well, we hit the halfway mark in our pregnancy. It is going by so fast because we are always chasing Harrison around. The last 48 hours has been a little stressful for us. On Sunday night, we headed to the ER and then we were sent to Labor and Delivery because I was having some bad cramping in my stomach and back and because I had blood in my urine. When a pregnant woman sees blood, we tend to freak out. Everything was fine. The baby was great and very active. The doctors decide that I had a kidney stone. So I am drinking plenty of fluids and everything is great and all cleared up!

Yesterday, we had our 20 week ultrasound. The baby is beautiful and healthy. Once again, the baby was very active but it cooperated with the technician. Many of you have heard that Jeff and I are having a SEX PARTY in a few weeks! We have invited some of our family and a few of my co-workers to come over on February 7th for lunch and the official reveal of the baby's sex. Jeff and I don't know what we are having yet. Jeff left the room when the tech was looking and I turned my head. So the SEX PARTY is going to be very exciting for us too. The best part of all of this is that our family gets to be a part of the surprise. My grandmother (Muggie) was telling me today that she told one of my cousins about getting an invitation in the mail from me for a SEX PARTY! Oh if I could have been a fly on the wall...

Here is a few pictures of our baby!

Profile Shot



The Baby Sucking his/her thumb!

The Baby Waving!

So stay tuned for our big announcement (February 7th). I am betting on a girl! Be sure to vote in the poll at the top right of the blog.
We did discover one problem with the pregnancy. I have a partial placenta previa. For those that don't know, this means that I have a low lying placenta that is partially blocking the internal opening of my cervix. There are a few fairly serious risks associated with this condition, but we're fortunate that I only have a partial coverage. Because of this, there is a very strong chance that as my uterus continues to expand, my placenta will be moved out of the way. My doctor is pretty confident that this will happen and he isn't concerned one bit. You have to have a Cesarean with placenta previa, which I am already having because I had a c-section with Harrison because he was breech. So hopefully, nothing will come of this. He wants me to continue my normal activities for now and we will reassess around 32 weeks, which is a great sign!

Here are some belly shots. We did not take pictures with Harrison and am so glad that we are with this baby.



Yes that is my belly button protruding out!

-s

2 comments:

Amy and Jerry said...

Love your idea for a Sex Party...then grandma's can start shopping! I'll be anxious to read about this! I'm so glad you're doing well with the pregnancy.

Tara said...

Thank for sharing the bump! It's very sweet :)