In the last year, I have become involved with the American Cancer Society, primarily Relay for Life. Relay for Life is not only the American Cancer Society’s biggest fundraiser, it is a time when family, friends, and the community come together to honor the people whose lives have been affected by cancer. A couple of months ago, I went to a workshop and sat next to a lady named Linda whose team raised over $50,000 last year. Yes, one team 50k:) Last year my team raised $1200 with our goal being $1000. I was super proud. So this year our team goal is $1500 and I am proud to say we have almost surpass that with 3 months still left until the Relay. Linda brainstormed with me ideas that I could do and she told me about "Flush Out Cancer!" how it works is someone donates to ACS and they get to pick whose house or business the purple (generic color symbolizing all cancers) toilet goes to. Then that person can donate and pass it to someone else. So the goal is to just keep the toilets passing. I thought that it was a good idea that could draw some attention. We started around Feb. 1st, we now have 3 toilets in rotation and have raised over $940 just on our Flush Out Cancer fundraiser, our team total is over $1300:)

Our Kids Flushing Out Cancer



one of the handouts explaining the "plumbing policies"
Let me know if you would like more information about forming your own team or would like to join our team:) The event is June 15th and 16th.
AND THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY THAT HAVE HELPED US TO "FLUSH OUT CANCER"




0 comments:
Post a Comment